Thursday, August 14, 2014

Ending the Internship - Continuing the Fight




Are we all created equal? Ask almost anyone this question and they are quick to answer, “Yes!” Follow up that question with another, “Why?” and only a few can actually articulate their beliefs on equality.

Why don’t many people know why they have value and are created equal?  From what I’ve learned form this internship through classroom teaching and on the road experience, many people have calloused hearts and ignorant minds because they decide to reject God’s truth.  My heart is heavy for those who do this to themselves. Honestly, one of the primary reasons I joined this summer internship was to be able to educate the masses on reality and the harsh truth about abortion.

And that’s exactly what I got to do.  I had the amazing opportunity to routinely speak up for the preborn. I experienced, first hand, God’s amazing power in softening calloused hearts and changing ignorant minds.

A woman I talked to downtown Columbus named Kat confided in me that she struggled with choosing life but she inwardly knew that it is wrong to have an abortion. She knew it would be more convenient for her to get an abortion but she decided not to. Now five years later, she loves her son with all her heart and doesn’t regret her decision to keep her child. She has been convicted so much that she wants to help her sister, who is currently considering an abortion, to make the choice to keep her child. Praise be to God! I had the privilege to encourage her to help her sister choose life. God placed me and my team in the right spot at the right time so he could talk to her through us. We are truly making an impact in our community because we speak the truth in love.

Why fight against abortion? We fight for those who can't fight for themselves. We stand for justice even if no one else will. We can only change America when we change the minds and hearts of her people. We must consistently continue to work hard to overcome this evil with God’s love and truth.

1 comment:

  1. You did a FANTASTIC job!!! These posts had me nodding my head and saying "amen" a lot ;-) Very smart presentation and clear posts. - Johannah

    ReplyDelete